Valves Used for Water Supply Pipes
The valves used for the water supply pipes should be selected according to the following principles.
1. The globe valve
should be selected when the diameter of the water supply pipe is smaller than 50mm; the gate valve or the butterfly valve is supposed to be used when the diameter is larger than 50mm.
2. The control valve or the globe valve
should be chosen when the valve is going to be used to regulate the flow or the pressure of the water supply pipe.
3. The gate valve should be used when the parts of the water supply pipe have the requirements of small flow resistance.
4. The gate valve or the butterfly valve instead of the globe valve is supposed to be selected when the water in the pipe needs to flow in two directions.
5. The butterfly valve or the ball valve
should be applied to the parts of the pipe which have the small installation space.
6. The globe valve should be used for the pipes which are opened and closed frequently.
7. The multifunctional valve should be used for the water pump outlet pipe with larger diameters.
The valves should be installed on the following parts of the water supply pipes.
1. The valves should be installed on the service pipes which lead the water from the municipal water supply pipes to the residential area water supply pipes.
2. The valves should be installed on the joints of the residential area's outdoor annular pipeline systems according to segregation requirements. If the annular pipeline is very long, the valve should be installed on different sections of the pipeline.
3. The valves should be installed on the beginning end of the water supply pipe's branch pipe or inter-building pipe in the residential area.
4. The valves should be installed at the bottom of the standpipe, at the bottom and the top of the standpipe in the vertical annular pipeline system, on the inlet pipe, the water meters as well as the branch pipes.
5. The valves should be installed on the branch pipe of the annular pipeline system and the connecting pipe of the branch system.
6. The valves should be installed at the beginning end of the indoor water supply pipe's distribution pipes which deliver water to each household or toilet. The valves should also be installed on the branch distribution pipes if there are three or more than three points of distribution.
7. The valves should be installed on the water pump and the water suction pump of the self-priming water pump.
8. The valves should be installed on the inlet pipes, the outlet pipes as well as the drain pipes of the water tanks.
9. The valves should be installed on the inlet pipes and the water supply pipes of the equipment such as the heater and the cooling tower.
10. The valves should be installed on the distribution pipe of the plumbing fixture such as the washbasin and the shower.