The valve's disc is a ball with hole and driven by stem to open and close the channel. The ball valve
can be closed tightly by 90 degree rotation and small rotational torque. According to different needs of working conditions, different actuators can be assembled to form ball valves with a variety of control methods, such as electric ball valve, pneumatic ball valve, hydraulic ball valve, etc.
The working principle
of ball valve
When the ball rotates 90 degree, the spherical surface will completely present in the inlet and outlet to close the valve, and block the flow of the medium.
When the ball rotates 90 degree again, the full ball mouth will present in the inlet and outlet to allow the flowing, and there is almost no resistance.
The structural characteristics
of ball valve
1. Ball valve is not limited by the installation direction and the flowing direction of medium can be arbitrary. Full bore ball valve has little fluid resistance.
2. The ball valve has simple structure, relatively small size, light weight and easy maintenance.
3. Compact and reliable. It has two sealing surface, and current sealing surface that was widely adopted all kinds of plastic ball valve with good sealing performance, which can realize completely sealing. It also have been widely used in the vacuum system.
4. The lightweight ball valve is suitable for regular operation with fast opening and closing. It is easy to operate. It just needs rotation move from fully opened to fully closed, facilitating remote control.
5. Easy maintenance. Simple-structure ball valve has flexible sealing ring. Generally, the removal and replacement is more convenient.
6. Good sealing performance. In the condition of fully opened or fully closed, the sealing surfaces of valve ball and seat are isolated with medium. They won’t cause erosion on the sealing surface when the medium passes through.
7. It has wide application rage from several millimeters to a few meters diameter, from high vacuum to high pressure.
8. Small fluid resistance.
9. No vibration, low noise.
10. Due to the friction in the process of opening and closing, ball valve can be used for conveying liquid containing suspended solid grains.